This week I am switching things up a bit. I have just restarted another blog of mine: Christians In Business (CIB), so I'll be continuing the 40 week fast for financial freedom & peace on the CIB blog while I continue the 50 week study on prosperity here on this blog. So without further adieu....(CRCADDXJQXG2)
Just as a reminder, the study on prosperity was started by Pastor George Pearsons from Eagle Mountain International Church, in Fort Worth, Tx. So here we go with week 7:
A. Matthew 17:24-27 - Money in a Fish's Mouth
1. Demonstration of supernatural provision - "Bring it on, birds!" Testimony Tommy Williams shared several years ago how he spoke to the birds to bring him money.
Based upon 1 Kings 17, Tommy started finding money around the house after he went out and hollered at the birds.
A 15-year-old was so impressed with this story that he decided to try it. He asked the Lord for $10 for missions.
He went out, spoke to the birds and commanded them to put it in a tree in the backyard. The first day he discovered 65 cents, the second day $2.35, and the third day $7. Over the next two months, he found a total of $440 in the tree!
2. Foreign to natural man's thinking
3. Unusual, unlimited, accelerated supply from heaven
4. Supersedes the realm of impossibility
5. God has supernatural ways to fully supply every need in the face of lack, shortage and a bad economy.
a. He makes the way when they say there is no way.
B. What We Must Do to Experience Supernatural Provision
1. Enlarge our capacity for supernatural provision.
2. See God supernaturally supplying the need.
3. Feed on the Word.
4. Renew our minds.
5. Exercise faith.
C. Faith-Building Scriptures for Supernatural Provision
1. James 1:17: "Every good gift and every perfect gift [AMP - free, large, full] is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
2. Ephesians 3:20-21 (AMP): "Now to Him who, by the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes or dreams] - to Him be glory in the church..."
3. Philippians 4:19 (AMP): "My God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
a. Supply in the Greek - fill up, make full, furnish liberally, fill to the top so that nothing shall be wanting, fill to the brim so that nothing shall be lacking
4. Psalm 68:19: "Blessed by the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits, even the God of our salvation."
5. Isaiah 55:1: "Every one that thirsteth, come to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price."
D. Examples of Supernatural Provision
1. Genesis 22:6-14: God supernaturally provided a ram for the sacrifice.
a. Verse 14: Abraham called the name of that place, "The Lord will provide."
2. 1 Kings 17:1-6: God supernaturally provided ravens to bring food and drink to Elijah.
3. 1 Kings 17:8-16: God supernaturally provided a one-year supply of food for the widow in the midst of a famine.
a. Verse 14: The barrel of meal and the bottle of oil would not be empty until the rain returned.
b. Verse 15: She, he and her house did eat a full year.
c. Verse 16 (NLT): No matter how much they used, there was always enough left over in the containers.
4. 2 Kings 4:1-7: God supernaturally provided supernatural debt cancellation for the widow.
a. The woman kept pouring oil from a small pot into as many empty vessels as they could find.
5. 2 Kings 6:1-7: God supernaturally caused a borrowed, lost ax head to float to the surface of the water.
6. John 2:1-11: Jesus supernaturally turned water into wine.
a. 180 gallons of wine
7. John 6:5-14: Jesus supernaturally multiplies the fish and loaves and feeds 20,000.
a. Word from the Lord through Brother Copeland, "You are going to be the ones who God uses to supernaturally feed the lost when disasters come. Only, it is not going to be like it was in the past. In many cases, you are not even going to need the trucks and airplanes. In a lot of cases, you are just going to take one little meal and divide it and divide it and divide it."
b. Jesus touched the loaves and fishes and they supernaturally multiplied.
E. Galatians 6:7-8 - Sowing Is a Supernatural Action
1. "Those who give shall walk in the ways of the supernatural."
- Kenneth Copeland
2. When you sow into the kingdom of God, you reap from the kingdom of God.
3. Giving and tithing are supernatural acts.
4. Expect to reap supernatural things.
5. There are many supernatural streams of provision and income available in God's kingdom - believe and receive!
So folks, there you have it, week 7 of our study on prosperity. Be sure to check out the CIB blog for week 7 of the 40 day fast for Financial Freedom & Peace.