After another short delay (sorry but I've been a very busy gal lately), I am once again back to continue 2 studies that I've combined into one. The first is a 40 week fast (originally a 40 day fast that I've been taking weekly: 1 thought a week instead of 1 thought a day). The fast was started by Pastor Gregory Dickow, from Life Changers International Church in Chicago, IL. The second study was a 40 week study, now a 50 week study, that I've been taking weekly: 1 thought a week instead of 1 thought a day). The study was started by Pastor George Pearsons, from Eagle Mountain International Church in Forth Worth, TX.
I have been combining these 2 studies as I don't often have time to post on this blog more than once a week (also to give you, my valued reader, time to soak in the richness of these 2 studies). So for the 3rd week I'm sharing both the 40 week fast as well as the 50 week study on prosperity.
Here we go with the fast:
"I can't succeed in this economy."
This week, we're fasting from the thought that says, "I can't succeed in this economy."
Let's CHANGE IT TODAY:
1. You have the power to succeed in any economy. Believe it. Deuteronomy 8:18 says, "...God has given you the power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant." Notice what God gives you: the power to get it. This promise is for YOU. Meditate on it.
2. Tap into the ROOT to success-meditating on the Word of God. Psalm 1:1-3 says, "...As long as you flood your mind with the Word of God, God will fill your life with success." Your success is connected to the Word of God, not the economy.
3. Expect open doors. That's the favor of God. He opens doors for YOU that no one can close (Revelation 3:8). He wants to overtake you with increase and favor. (Psalm 115:14) Favor surrounds YOU like a shield. (Psalm 5:12) Fill your mind with FAVOR-EXPECTATION.
4. You have a covenant with God. This is what makes you different. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob all succeeded in times of FAMINE and economic trouble. (Genesis 24, 26 & 28) You have been promised the same blessing as them! (Galatians 3:29) Expect it!
5. Refuse to let the economy or anything else determine your limitations and possibilities. ASK SUCCESS. THINK SUCCESS. EXPECT SUCCESS. It will always come. (Ephesians 3:20)
THINK IT & SAY IT:
I have the power to succeed even in the worst economy. God will establish His covenant in this earth through me. I choose to fill my mind with the GOOD news rather than the current news. The Word is my meditation, day and night. I expect open doors. They are coming to me every day, somehow, someway. I have a covenant with God. I think big success; ask big success; and I expect BIG success, in Jesus' Name!
Now on to the 50 week study on Prosperity:
Our Relationship to Money
A. The Role of Money in Our Lives
1. Money issues can be a source of stress and pressure.
2. They control lives, attitudes and emotions.
3. Some are slaves to money-driven to make it and keep it.
4. We must straighten out our relationship with money.
5. Goal: Financial Attitude Adjustment
B. Matthew 6:24-33-Settle This: I Serve God. Money Serves Me.
1. Genesis 1:29: Seed was designed by God to serve us.
2. Psalm 104:14: Seed is for the service of man.
3. Mark 10:17-22: Example of a man serving money
4. Mark 12:41-44: Example of money serving a woman
a. 2 Corinthians 9:6: This is what she did.
C. 1 Timothy 6:10, 17-19: How We Conduct Ourselves With Money
1. Verse 10: The love of money is the root of all evil.
2. We don't love money-we love God.
3. Verse 17: We don't trust money-we trust God.
4. Verse 18: We are givers of money-not takers.
5. Money is a tool to help others.
D. My Confession of Faith
I settle this issue right now.
I adjust my financial attitude.
I do not serve money.
I am not a slave to money.
I serve God.
Money serves me.
I do not work for money.
Money works for me.
Money doesn't control me-I control money.
Money doesn't rule me-I rule money.
Money doesn't dominate me-I dominate money.
I fearlessly tithe as I am told.
I boldly give as I am led.
Money-you serve me.
Money-you obey me.
Money-you multiply, increase and produce maximum harvest.
Harvest-I command you to come to me now-in Jesus' Name!