This week we're continuing on this study/wealth seminar as taught on the Believer'sVoice of Victory program on Trinity Broadcasting Network by Pastor George Pearsons
from Eagle Mountain International Church in Fort Worth, Texas.
So without Further Delay:
Rich in Good Works
Foundation Scripture: 1 Timothy 6:17-19
“Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches,
but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; that they do good, that they be rich
in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; laying up in store for themselves a
good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.”
A. Ephesians 6:5-9—The Wealth Mentality
1. Paul understood that the rich subscribed to a “master/slave” mentality.
2. They were accustomed to being the dictator while those around them were required to
fulfill their every command.
a. This did not just apply toward those who served them.
b. The rich were treating their Christian brethren this way as well.
3. Paul had to address the conduct of the rich.
4. Ephesians 6:9 (AMP): “You masters, act on the same [principle] toward them and
give up threatening and using violent and abusive words, knowing that He Who is
both their Master and yours is in heaven, and that there is no respect of persons (no
partiality) with Him.”
5. Colossians 4:1 (MSG): “And masters, treat your servants considerately. Be fair with
them. Don’t forget for a minute that you, too, serve a Master—God in heaven.”
B. 1 Timothy 6:18—That They Be Rich in Good Works
1. He admonished them to be “rich in good works.”
a. TCNT: “Urge upon them to show kindness, to exhibit a wealth of good
b. MSG: “Be rich in helping others.”
c. True wealth is found in helping others.
2. Your good works should be as abundant as your riches.
3. Matthew 5:16 (AMP): “Let your light so shine before men that they may see your
moral excellence and your praiseworthy, noble, and good deeds and recognize and
honor and praise and glorify your Father Who is in heaven.”
4. 1 Peter 2:12 (NIV): “Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse
you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he
5. Acts 9:36 (NIV-84): “In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (which, when
translated, is Dorcas), who was always doing good and helping the poor.”
C. Matthew 27:57-60 (AMP)—The Rich Man From Arimathea
1. Verse 57: “When it was evening, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named
Joseph, who also was a disciple of Jesus.”
a. A rich man can also be a follower of Jesus.
b. He stepped in to help Jesus’ family, seeing that they did not own a tomb in
2. Verse 58: “He went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus, and Pilate ordered that
it be given to him.”
a. Joseph had great wealth—and great influence among the leadership of
b. He boldly went to Pilate and asked for and received the body of Jesus.
3. Verse 59: “And Joseph took the body and rolled it up in a clean linen cloth used
for swathing dead bodies.”
a. This rich man lifted the body and prepared it himself for burial.
4. Verse 60a: “And laid it in his own fresh (undefiled) tomb, which he had hewn in
a. This wealthy man built the tomb himself.
5. Verse 60b: “And he rolled a big boulder over the door of the tomb and went away.”
a. He did all of this himself, not requiring anyone to do it for him.
Yours in Success...
Ms Ranjini "Jini" Charley
SUCCESS in 2012 and beyond = FREE Income Generating Programs + FREE Training
(Be sure to sign up for this training and stay informed on Income Generating Programs. Updated Frequently)
"Together with Jesus is better than separate and alone" - Sarah Bowling
Ps. Feel free to pass the link to this post on to whomever you like!