Here's Week 2:
Not Subject to the Times
A. We Are Not Subject to the Times
1. We are not subject to, and do not live under, the dominion, rule, control or influence of whichever way the economy and world system is going at the moment.
2. The times are subject to the authority of the Word, the blood and the Name of Jesus spoken and acted upon by the believer.
3. The times are subject to us.
4. We are subject to and governed by another economy and another system—the kingdom of God.
5. We live in the secret place.
a. Psalm 27:1-6: “In the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion….”
b. Psalm 32:6-7: “Thou art my hiding place….”
c. Psalm 31:14-15: “My times are in thy hand….”
B. John 17:13-22—We Are Separated From the World’s Failing System
1. We are to thrive and not just survive.
2. Verse 14: We are not of this world’s system.
3. Verse 15: “…Keep them from the evil.”
a. Matthew 6:13: “Deliver us from evil….”
b. Galatians 1:4: “…Deliver us from this present evil world.”
c. 1 John 5:18: “…That wicked one toucheth him not.”
d. 1 Corinthians 10:13: He has made a way to escape.
4. Verse 17: Sanctified from the world through the Word
b. Romans 8:2: “The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free has separated me from the law of sin and death.”
5. We thrive and prosper in tough times.
a. We are not subject to the economy.
b. We flourish in spite of what is happening.
c. Untouched and unaffectedSurvive—barely get by, merely existThrive—flourish, succeed, advance, prosperSanctified—Separated and cut away from the effects of
C. Exodus 8:23—The Wall of Redemption
1. Verses 20-23: No swarms of flies
2. 9:1-7: Cattle didn’t die
3. 9:22-26: No hail
4. 10:21-23: Light in the land
5. Galatians 3:13: Separated from the cursea. Verse 9: “They which be of faith are blessed….”