Study Notes for Supernatural Provision in the New Testament
A. Matthew 17:24-27—Supernatural Payment (Tax Relief)
1. Genesis 1:28—Have dominion over the fish of the sea.
2. Jesus was operating in the word of knowledge.
3. Isaiah 45:3 (MSG): “I will lead you to buried treasures, secret caches of valuables—
confirmations that it is, in fact, I, God, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.”
a. Cache—a collection of items stored in a hidden or inaccessible place b. Stockpile, supply, reserve, arsenal
B. Mark 11, 14—Supernatural Transportation and Housing
1. Mark 11:1-6: “The Lord has need of this donkey.”
2. Mark 14:13-16—A furnished upper room
3. Isaiah 55:1: “Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.”
C. Luke 5:1-11—Supernatural Harvest (Great Catch of Fish)
1. This was the harvest from Jesus’ use of Peter’s boat.
2. Peter didn’t plan for the supernatural.
a. He let down only one broken net. b. Faith plans for more than enough.
c. If we are expecting the supernatural, we will get it.
b. That day, the fish market exploded!
c. Peter’s business was on the verge of bankruptcy.
d. Jesus saw to it that the family business would thrive in Peter’s absence as a disciple.
D. John 2:1-11—Supernatural Replenishment (Water Into Wine)
1. Jesus supernaturally turned 180 gallons of water into wine.
2. He supernaturally jumped the natural steps and dominated the time constraints of producing wine.
a. Plant seed.
b. Wait nine months for the vine to grow. c. Harvest the grapes.
d. Mash the grapes.
e. Let the wine ferment (the longer the time, the better the wine).
3. Verse 10 (MSG): “You’ve saved the best till now!”
a. A $320,000 bottle has been fermenting for 200 years!
b. Jesus produced the best.
c. The guests couldn’t possibly drink it all. d. It was a wedding gift from Jesus.
e. They would sell it and not have to work their first year.
4. Genesis 1:28: Replenish the earth—if it runs out, fill it back up.
5. John 2:11: This was the beginning of miracles—a supernatural intervention in the ordinary course of events.
E. John 6:5-14—Supernatural Distribution (Five Thousand Fed)
1. Verse 5 (NLT): “Where can we buy bread to feed all these people?”
a. Philip was limited in his believing.
b. Verse 7 (NLT): “Even if we worked for months, we wouldn’t have enough money to feed them.”
c. Jesus was teaching His disciples how to use their faith for supernatural provision.
2. Verse 11: Jesus distributed the loaves and fishes to the disciples, and the disciples distributed the loaves and fishes to the people.
a. They were doing the same supernatural work as Jesus.
b. They had the same faith Jesus had—to feed 20,000 people!
c. Note the connection between thanksgiving and the supernatural.
3. “You are going to be the ones that God uses to supernaturally feed the lost when disasters come. Only, it is not going to be like it was in the past. In many cases, you are not even going to need the trucks and airplanes. In a lot of cases, you are just going to take one little meal and divide it and divide it and divide it.” —Word from the Lord through Kenneth Copeland, Nov. 19, 2005.
Ms Ranjini "Jini" Charley
About Jini Charley
Click here to get a FREE business that I advertise for you. Click here to see the hundreds of different traffic sources I will be using to drive traffic to YOUR business. If you already have a business and would like affordable advertising then click here.
"Together with Jesus is better than separate and alone" - Sarah Bowling
“True prosperity is having EVERY thing that you need in EVERY area of your life to accomplish
God’s purpose for your life” – Jini Charley
"THE BLESSING of the Lord makes one rich and He adds no sorrow with it" Prov 10:22
Connect with me on skype: jinicharley2012
Follow me on twitter for daily inspiration: jinicharley