Study Notes for Supernatural Provision in the Old Testament—Part 1
A. Genesis 26:12-14—Supernatural Return (Isaac Reaped in Famine)
1. Psalm 37:18-19 (NLT): “Day by day the Lord takes care of the innocent, and they will receive an inheritance that lasts forever. They will not be disgraced in hard times; even in famine they will have more than enough.”
a. “The hundredfold return is never affected by the government or the times we live in.” —Gloria Copeland
2. This was a supernatural yield; even in the most fertile regions of Israel, the harvest was no greater than twenty-five to fiftyfold.
3. Genesis 26:13 (NLT): “He became a very rich man, and his wealth continued to grow.”
4. Genesis 26:28-29: The men saw that THE BLESSING was on Isaac—they had to admit it!
5. “If you’re doing it right, THE BLESSING can be seen.” —Gloria Copeland
B. Exodus 16:11-15—Supernatural Supply (Wilderness Provisions)
1. Psalm 78:23-29 (NLT): “But he commanded the skies to open; he opened the doors of heaven. He rained down manna for them to eat; he gave them bread from heaven. They
ate the food of angels! God gave them all they could hold. He released the east wind in the heavens and guided the south wind by his mighty power. He rained down meat as thick as dust—birds as plentiful as the sand on the seashore! He caused the birds to fall within their camp and all around their tents. The people ate their fill. He gave them what they craved.”
2. Deuteronomy 29:5 (AMP): “I have led you forty years in the wilderness; your clothes have not worn out upon you, and your sandals have not worn off your feet.”
a. Proverbs 8:17-21—Durable riches (verse 18)
3. Deuteronomy 2:7 (NLT): “For the Lord your God has blessed you in everything you have done. He has watched your every step through this great wilderness. During these forty years, the Lord your God has been with you, and you have lacked nothing.”
C. Leviticus 26:4-5, 9-10—Supernatural Harvest
1. Verse 9 (AMP): “For I will be leaning toward you with favor and regard for you, rendering you fruitful, multiplying you, and establishing and ratifying My covenant with you.”
2. Verse 10 (MSG): “You’ll still be eating from last year’s harvest when you have to clean out the barns to make room for the new crops.”
a. NLT-96: “You will have such a surplus of crops that you will need to get rid of the leftovers from the previous year to make room for each new harvest.”
3. Amos 9:13 (NLT): “‘The time will come,’ says the Lord, ‘when the grain and grapes
will grow faster than they can be harvested. Then the terraced vineyards on the hills of Israel will drip with sweet wine!’”
a. MSG: “‘Yes indeed, it won’t be long now.’ God’s Decree. ‘Things are going to happen so fast your head will swim, one thing fast on the heels of the other. You won’t be able to keep up. Everything will be happening at once— and everywhere you look, blessings! Blessings like wine pouring off the mountains and hills.’”
D. 1 Kings 17:1-6—Supernatural Meals (Elijah Fed by Ravens)
1. Verse 4 (NKJV): “I have commanded the ravens to feed you.”
a. Matthew 10:29: “Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father?”
b. Fall (GK) = shall not land without your Father’s permission
2. “These provisions were ready prepared, the bread made and baked, and the flesh boiled, broiled, or roasted.” (From John Gill’s Exposition of the Old Testament, Volume 2)
3. A minister was sharing how he spoke to the birds to bring him money based upon
1 Kings 17. He began finding money around the house after he went outside and hollered at the birds. A 15-year-old was so impressed with this story that he decided to try it. He wanted $10.00 for missions. He went outside, spoke to the birds and commanded them to put the money in the backyard tree. Over the next two
months, he collected $440.00 in the tree.
E. 1 Kings 17:8-16—Supernatural Provision (Continual Supply of Flour and Oil)
1. Verse 13: “Make me a cake first and bring it to me.”
a. Elijah activated her faith.
b. He had her bring the tithe so he could bless it.
2. Verse 15: “She, and he, and her house, did eat a full year” (KJV cross-reference,
Kenneth Copeland Reference Edition Bible).
3. Verse 16 (NLT-96): No matter how much they used, there was always enough left in the containers, just as the Lord had promised through Elijah.
a. NIV: “For the jar of flour was not used up and the jug of oil did not run dry, in
keeping with the word of the Lord spoken by Elijah.”
:Yours in Success...
Ms Ranjini "Jini" Charley
About Jini Charley
Click here to get a FREE business that I advertise for you. Click here to see the hundreds of different traffic sources I will be using to drive traffic to YOUR business. If you already have a business and would like affordable advertising then click here.
"Together with Jesus is better than separate and alone" - Sarah Bowling
“True prosperity is having EVERY thing that you need in EVERY area of your life to accomplish God’s purpose for your life” – Jini Charley
"THE BLESSING of the Lord makes one rich and He adds no sorrow with it" Prov 10:22
Connect with me on skype: jinicharley2012
Follow me on twitter for daily inspiration: jinicharley