Study Notes for Supernatural Provision in the Old Testament—Part 2
A. 1 Kings 19:4-8—Supernatural Sustenance (Food Sustained Elijah for 40 Days)
1. “The natural is limited to natural ways, but the supernatural is unlimited in supernatural ways.” —Gloria Copeland
2. This kind of provision is available to all believers—especially when the situation, job market, paycheck, economy and others are saying, “There’s no way to meet this need. It is humanly impossible.”
3. “The stones hereabout might be heated by a supernatural power and the cake baked on them by an angel.” —John Gill’s Exposition of the Old Testament, Volume 2
4. Verse 8: “And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.”
5. “All this while he had no other sustenance than what he had taken under the juniper tree, from whence he set out, which must be supernatural; for it is said a man cannot live without food beyond seven days, for food either staying in his stomach all this while, or however the nutritive virtue of it, by which he was supported and held out till he came to Horeb.” —John Gill’s Exposition of the Old Testament, Volume 2
B. 2 Kings 4:1-7—Supernatural Debt Cancellation (Widow Avoids Bankruptcy)
1. Verse 2: Elisha asked, “What do you have? Give me a seed to work with.”
2. Verses 3-6: “Borrow as many pots as you can, pour into them until they are full and then pour into the next one.” The oil stopped pouring when they ran out of pots.
3. Verse 7: She made enough money selling the oil that she paid the creditor, saved her children and lived the rest of her life off the remaining oil sale.
1. Verse 42: He brought his tithe to the man of God to bless.
2. Verse 43 (NLT): “‘What?’ his servant exclaimed. ‘Feed a hundred people with only this?’ But Elisha repeated, ‘Give it to the people so they can eat, for this is what the Lord says: Everyone will eat, and there will even be some left over!’”
3. Verse 44 (NLT): “And when they gave it to the people, there was plenty for all and some left over, just as the Lord had promised.”
D. 2 Kings 7:1-2—Supernatural Acceleration (Tomorrow at This Time)
1. Verse 1: “To morrow about this time”—24 hours from now.
2. Verse 2 (NLT): “The officer assisting the king said to the man of God, ‘That couldn’t happen even if the Lord opened the windows of heaven!’ But Elisha replied, ‘You will see it happen with your own eyes, but you won’t be able to eat any of it!’”
a. What keeps us from the supernatural?
i. Time—don’t put what God has done off into the future. ii. Unbelief—the supernatural only operates by faith.
3. Verse 18—The famine was over 24 hours later. a. There was plenty for all.
b. It was cheap.
E. Job 42:12-17—Supernatural Restoration (Job’s Life Turned Around)
1. MSG: “God blessed Job’s later life even more than his earlier life. He ended up with fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, one thousand teams of oxen, and one thousand donkeys.”
2. MSG: “He also had seven sons and three daughters. He named the first daughter Dove, the second, Cinnamon, and the third, Darkeyes. There was not a woman in that country as beautiful as Job’s daughters. Their father treated them as equals with their brothers, providing the same inheritance.”
3. MSG: “Job lived on another 140 years, living to see his children and grandchildren—
four generations of them!”
Ms Ranjini "Jini" Charley
About Jini Charley
Click here to get a FREE business that I advertise for you. Click here to see the hundreds of different traffic sources I will be using to drive traffic to YOUR business. If you already have a business and would like affordable advertising then click here.
"Together with Jesus is better than separate and alone" - Sarah Bowling
“True prosperity is having EVERY thing that you need in EVERY area of your life to accomplish God’s purpose for your life” – Jini Charley
"THE BLESSING of the Lord makes one rich and He adds no sorrow with it" Prov 10:22
Connect with me on skype: jinicharley2012
Follow me on twitter for daily inspiration: jinicharley